Wednesday, January 27, 2016

First Look


I'm sure you're familiar with the trend of "first look photos", where a photographer captures the groom's face when he first lays eyes on his bride in her dress with her hair and makeup all done. Here are a couple of examples I've pulled from Pinterest:




As you can tell, it's supposed to be a very emotional moment. Crying, gasping, hands over the mouth, etc.

We decided not to do "first look photos" simply because I knew I would feel extremely awkward and pressured!

Because there are no photographs of my moment, I will describe to you what it was like...

It was hilarious! I am almost peeing my pants right now thinking about it. 

Here's how it went down....

Date: Monday, December 28th.
Time: Around 2:15 PM
Location: Fifth East Hall Bed & Breakfast, hallway by the maintenance closet.

Alone in the dressing room, I looked at myself in the mirror; wearing my dress and veil. And I got completely freaked out. 

*What the heck am I doing?* 
*I'm getting married?!
*Whoa... whoa... Is this actually going to happen?*
*Giuseppe's out there waiting...*
*Okay, whatever Katrina, let's just go.*

So I opened the french doors, and standing right in front of me was my fiancé.

The look on his face was PRICELESS!

I have never seen so much fear packed into one facial expression. 

He looked terrified. 

Absolutely horror-stricken.

He'll deny it, but I'm pretty sure he was thinking something along the lines of,

*What the heck am I doing?*
*I'm getting married?!*
*Whoa... Whoa.... This is actually happening.*
*Katrina's just standing there*
*Okay, whatever Giuseppe, let's do this!*

Then he smiled, and we both relaxed, and all was well. :) 

1 comment:

  1. I think I had the same face when I walked onto the Temple grounds for Bridals. I was so overcome with the reality of it all, and how great you both looked!

    ReplyDelete