Monday, November 7, 2016

This is what we do


Conference


We spent conference weekend with my fam, but we did go to temple square for the Saturday morning session and met up with some of Giuseppe's California friends and had lunch. G and I watched the session in the Legacy Theatre at the JSMB. It was great, except for when a child behind me dropped a bunch of heavy books on my head.

This is a picture of us in North Fields where we helped Ava find some bugs for her science project.


Vivint Bro


Something you need to know about working for Vivint is that as time goes on, more and more of the things in your house will have Vivint's name branded on it. Clothes, water bottles, camping accessories, shoes, backpacks, hats, blankets, speakers, pens, and more. At first, I thought this was pretty annoying.

But then Pep (one of Giuseppe's new nickname) brought home this awesome coat, and then I was like, "okay... this ain't so that bad." And a cool camping chair.

He has even started wearing flat brim hats, but don't worry, I am still attracted to him.


Tithing Blessings

So get this: Our poor $2K car has been through a lot this year- you know, driving across the country twice and whatnot- and its tires have been shredded up. Literally.

SO, just when Giuseppe decided we couldn't wait another mile to get new tires, HE WON A $300 GIFT CARD. All because he used Vivint's hashtag on twitter.

And what do you know, the cost for the tire replacement was $316. Sixteen dollar tires definitely fit in our budget. :) Thank you Vivint. Thank you Heavenly Father.


City Creek

We love living minutes away from the city! Especially City Creek, where we go often.Although we usually just end up buying Chick-fil-A. This is a pic of me chilling/judging in the children's play area.




Dinner Parties

We have started having dinners with friends! It has been super great. First, the LeBaron's, Lacey + Sterling, and the (future) Goodwin's, Rebecca and Parker. I love my Heber 6th Ward girls! And their husbands/fiancés are pretty rad too. We ate baked polenta and pao de queijo.

Then we had Mama Hess over for Taco soup and she told us the woes of working at Costa Vida. :( Good riddance to that job!

Then we had the Albright's (Kylie + Corey), and the Sorensen's (Stephanie and Landan) over. (Some of) my 307 girls!! We had barbecue and brownies and played a vicious game of Catchphrase, which the girls won ;)

Last Sunday we drove down to Spanish Fork for dinner at the Fox's (Taylor and Kaleigh)! They were our good friends in our singles ward (where they also met) and they got married 2 weeks before us. We ate chicken teriyaki and played Catchphrase (classic), which the Fox's won. (NOOOOO!!) Haha anyway it was a LONG overdue visit. We love the Fox's!


Treat yo self

(Parks & Rec reference anyone?) We are a fan of trying new places to eat, so when we saw a cute gelato place by the U, we tried it. This is G in his sweet new jacket eating the fruits of his homeland.




Elizatate

Liz & Tate were MARRIED on October 20th and it was a fantaaaaaastic day. Liz named me Matron of Honor. Even though being their third wheel in high school was totally fun, it's pretty cool that I have my G babe now for our future Hess/Stone adventures. The reception was SO fun. G and I got craaaaazy on the dance floor.



Extra wedding flowers left our apartment smelling all mmmmmm...




Mama Hess turns 60!


After window shopping at city creek, which is always a blast when your mother-in-law is hilarious, we treated her to our favorite Italian restaurant, Settebello. I am still crying over the delicious margherita pizza I ate and the mouth-watering passion fruit gelato afterwards. If you are ever in downtown Salt Lake and you are looking for an amazing fire oven pizza, you know where to go.


Sales Husband

This is my cute baby mid-date on the phone making a sale! How could I be upset about that?! He's so smooooth.



A Day In the Life at The U


Walking to my phonetics & phonology class.

Don't be fooled, this walk isn't as lovely as it appears. My Syntax class ends fifteen minutes before this one, and I have to BOOK IT across the entire campus to make it to class. It's the worst.


One time G and I met at a park during the day and we found a cute little art museum.


Albright Halloween Party

We celebrated Halloween with some of our favorite people! (The Albright's, the Sorensen's, Madi, Ally, and Siera)

And NO PICTURES WERE TAKEN. You will just have to take my word that it was the cutest Halloween party you ever-did(n't)-see. Kylie is the cutest hostess. We chatted and played catchphrase (I know, I know, enough about this game in this post) and ate food and witch's brew. :) And then after the scaredy-cats left, the Albright's and Hess' watched The Forest. CHILLS. It was a late night and a great one.

G and I dressed as a squabbling old couple. Hahahaha oh the fights we had :) This is a pic taken a few days earlier at Olive Garden where we met up with the Stone's for like 15 minutes. We ate their breadsticks and chatted and left. We are sitting down in the pic, so G's old man stomach doesn't look as great as it did. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment