Friday, March 24, 2017

The night the shower curtain fell down.




I love my husband.

But sometimes he gets on my nerves.

The feeling is mutual.

The other night, as I was removing a used towel from the shower rod, the rod fell down.

I made a distressed call and sweet G came to my aid.

He struggled for a long time with that shower rod.

I watched him. He scrunched up his face. He grunted. He clenched his jaw.

I thought of the scene in the movie adaptation of Les Misérables when Jean Valjean lifts the MASSIVE flag pole off the ground and carries it.

Valjean made the same facial expressions and noises that G was making with the 2 pound SHOWER ROD.

I wondered what it would be like to be married to Jean Valjean.

Probably way different.

I snapped out of my little daydream and I began helping Giuseppe. We quickly became frustrated with each other.

Then we both stopped, simultaneously.

I said, "this can be a team building exercise!"

He agreed enthusiastically, and in no time we successfully attached the rod securely to the wall.

"We make a good team," he said.

I wrapped my arms around his body and kissed him for a looooong time.

I like my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment